Chelsea Heights Kindergarten is pleased to offer an Extended Care program to enrolled families. Sessions are offered every day of the week (times specified in the table below). These sessions are mixed aged sessions from both 3 and 4 year old classes, providing children the opportunity to make friends from other groups. This is positive for their social development, will help in their school transition and also brings the kinder community together. All sessions are fully supervised by our extended care educator Emily and is limited to 11 children per session. These positions will be allocated on a ‘first in, first served’ basis, based on Chelsea Heights Kinder receiving the completed CHK Extended Care request via the link in your acceptance email and accompanying deposit.
The children enrolled in a kinder session, whose session is immediately before the Extended Care session, can move seamlessly into the extended care group without a parent/guardian attending the transition if enrolled in the Extended Care program. This results in a full day’s care from 8.30am or 9:15am – 5.30pm. All CHK enrolled children are eligible to attend any Extended Care Session regardless of their kinder group.
Please note that the Extended Care program is an additional cost to the kindergarten fees. We have based these fees purely around the cost of operating the service, as we are a not for profit organisation. We ask for the same yearly commitment as we do with the kindergarten groups, and the fees schedule will be in line with that of your kindergarten fees, paid per term. As the sessions chosen for each child will vary, Extended Care fees will be invoiced a term in advance. The Extended Care session is offered dependent on minimum enrolment numbers and is subject to change based on these numbers. Every effort will be made to advise parents/guardians prior to changes being implemented. Unfortunately, the extended care program does not qualify for the Child Care Subsidy Rebate from Centrelink.
A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required when you complete the form as part of the enrolment process. If your application is successful, your child will be booked in for the 4 terms. The deposit will be deducted from your term 4 fees. It will not be refunded if you withdraw your child from the program early. However, your deposit will be returned to you should your application for a position be unsuccessful ie. The group has reached full capacity. Payment for the full duration of the session is required, regardless if your child is collected before 5:30pm. For any enquires about extended care please email the Extended Care Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see below the 2021 extended care session days, times and costs.
· Children will not be admitted if they are deemed sick or contagious. This is at the discretion of the Supervisor. The state of health of the child must be declared by the parent/guardian on arrival.
· In the event that children are collected late from Extended Care, a late fee of $10 per 15 minutes will apply. Children are available for collection prior to the session end.
· The Extended Care program is an additional cost to my kindergarten fees. Extended Care fees will be invoiced at the same time as kindergarten fees are
due, paid in advance per term. Your child will be automatically booked in for the 4 terms once the completed enrolment form is received by Chelsea Heights Kindergarten.
· A $100 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit is required. The deposit will be deducted from Term 4 fees. The deposit will not be refunded if you withdraw your child from the program earlier.
· The Extended Care session times are offered dependent on minimum enrolment numbers and every effort will be made to advise parents/guardians prior to any changes to the service.
· You are bound by the same kindergarten policies, procedures and authorisations you provided within your child’s kindergarten enrolment documentation